[EXPUNGED] - The Underground SCP Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey there guys, Angel here. My alias on youtube is MissShadowLovely. Now it’s time for you guys to help each other. [This site is not affiliated with the Official SCP Wiki.]

New users look towards agent files for a good place to start, once there you can make a character. The mods will give advice on how to have your character fit in with the others.
///SYSTEM HAS BEEN ACCESSED FROM AN UNKNOWN SOURCE. PLEASE STAND BY FOR FURTHER UPDATES///

5 posters

Ethics Committee Office

David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Ethics Committee Office Empty Ethics Committee Office

Post by David Alexander Fri 30 Aug 2013, 23:27

It appears to be just an average office area, filing cabinets, desks, reception, computers and a code-lock door. All traits of the room, nothing out of the ordinary. As standard issue as the foundation dreams it to be. A man wearing a trench coat inserts his key-card, enters the room, hangs up his coat, and begins to fill out forms and write reports. "The ████ I put up with... First day in Site-19, and there's a mess on the floor and an SCP outside of our hands... Gotta file so much fucking paperwork..." He ranted to himself as he seemed to operate the entirety of the office by himself.
    O.W.
    O.W.
    Admin
    Admin

Ethics Committee Office Empty Re: Ethics Committee Office

Post by O.W. Fri 30 Aug 2013, 23:31

Dr. Richards enters the room and walks up to David, "I suppose you work within Ethics, correct?"
    David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Post by David Alexander Fri 30 Aug 2013, 23:34

"Yes sir." He responds to the man without turning away from his shuffling of papers. "What do you need?"
    O.W.
    O.W.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by O.W. Fri 30 Aug 2013, 23:36

"I need your approval for the reworking of SCP-023's Containment area. We will be pumping the element Xenon into it."
    David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Post by David Alexander Fri 30 Aug 2013, 23:41

He perked up at the mention of a containment change. Turning towards the man he spoke. "Sir, I'd be happy to help with this request. Just let me fill out this last form, and I'll start working on it." David said with a smile. After signing a few boxes, he turned back to the man. "Right, David Alexander, nice to meet, let's get this sorted."
    O.W.
    O.W.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by O.W. Fri 30 Aug 2013, 23:44

Richards gives a small smile, "Doctor Deric Richards. Do I need to explain anything before you sign this?"
    David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Post by David Alexander Fri 30 Aug 2013, 23:50

"Well, Firstly, I need to know what methods you intend to use to start pumping the gas in without it invoking the following...
    A: damaging, activating, or terminating the SCP
    or B: Causing an exploitable chink in containment enabling an easier breach.
    We've got a few more of these, sorry, I don't make the rules about this process."
    O.W.
    O.W.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by O.W. Fri 30 Aug 2013, 23:52

"Simply use the sprinkler system to pump the gas in. The density of the gas itself will prevent 023 from being able to phase through walls as it has done previously."
    David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Post by David Alexander Fri 30 Aug 2013, 23:57

"Simple enough, that also answers question 2; reason for change... 3#... Scientific basis. Just explain how this should work, after that, I'll be able to run it through the system."
    O.W.
    O.W.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by O.W. Fri 30 Aug 2013, 23:59

"the Density of the particles from the Xenon will basically act as a molecular wall, causing the Shuck to be un able to vibrate it's cell structure to phase through an object. Basically imagine it as trying to walk through a door and it slamming shut on you."
    David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Post by David Alexander Sat 31 Aug 2013, 00:05

"Ah, right, so freaking simple... I'll start signing and stamping. Thanks for putting up with this..." David types for a moment, a printer starts up, after a minute, he retrieves it, and brings it up to Dr. Richards. "Okay, sign here, here, and here, then I'll stamp it, and have it sent up the chain of command."

Last edited by David Alexander on Mon 02 Sep 2013, 12:39; edited 1 time in total
    O.W.
    O.W.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by O.W. Sat 31 Aug 2013, 00:08

Richards follows David's instructions, placing his pen back in his pocket protector before speaking, "This is really no trouble for me, I've worked with the foundation for nearly ten years now."
    David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Post by David Alexander Sat 31 Aug 2013, 00:14

"Still, It's only my first working day at this site... Had a bad first day, I think you were there, unless I'm mistaken." He said, as the paper was scanned and it was submitted. "Right, now that's out of my hands... I'll let you know what the verdict is if you don't get the memo yourself. Have a good one, Dr. Richards." He said, returning to his mound of filing and the cacophony of computer keys.
    O.W.
    O.W.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by O.W. Sat 31 Aug 2013, 00:19

"I was just passing through, didn't stop or say anything. All I know is that I was held up with a damned spill of 989." He looks at the pile of papers, "You should save those for tomorrow man, not worth it tonight. I'm heading off to bed right now."
    David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Post by David Alexander Sat 31 Aug 2013, 00:54

As he finished with the stack of papers, he checked the time. Nearly 1 AM. "████, earlier than I thought... Glad I got that out of the way. Now to get back home..." He thought aloud as he collected his coat, and exited the office, and went on his way back to his room.

OoC:
    Mozy
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Mozy Sat 31 Aug 2013, 07:44

*The man walks in and slightly rearranges his cubicle printing many forms. He gives Alexander a knowing nod.* "Good to see you found the office, Would you tell Richards his thing has been approved." *He signs the paper having been left most recently in his "IN" box it resides on top.*"I am asking you to do this seeing as you were there and accepted the submittal, I would like you to be there to review the findings as the hypothesis is tested. He will be provisionally given an amount of Xenon Equal to three room fulls by volume at 80 Xenon to 20 Air mixture, Also there will be subsequent Xenon provided and Richards budget will be increased by 5000 USD for his studies. If his test is successful, He gets two Weeks of being on call."

THIS HAPPENS AFTER ALEXANDER STARTS WORK IN THE MORNING.
    David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Post by David Alexander Sat 31 Aug 2013, 10:12

"Done." He said as he sent the E-Mail. "Now, I'll head down there personally after I file this last bit. Good to see you, Sir." He said, still shuffling papers and clacking away, all the while humming Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture.
    David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Post by David Alexander Sat 31 Aug 2013, 10:27

With a snap as he finishes the last of the paperwork, he picks up his coat, and looks at his superior. "Hope you can fill in for me while I'm doing this. Considering that you were the one who told me to." He said, casually walking out and down the hallways to the Engineering Department.
    Mozy
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Mozy Sat 31 Aug 2013, 11:24

*Mozy picks up the paperwork and smiles knowing he can be alone and work, he starts working.*
    David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Post by David Alexander Sat 31 Aug 2013, 12:09

As David returns to the office, inserting the keycard as normal, he hangs up his trench coat again. Without saying a word, and with a smile on his face, he sits back down and begins to work again; shuffling papers and typing up a storm.
    Mozy
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Mozy Sat 31 Aug 2013, 12:55

Mozy's hands rub together as he sets up the lighting tripods to photograph the files before scanning them into the computer system. There are two camera's: one is a polaroid, one is a DSLR. Each camera is set up to take clear pictures of the documents. The polaroids are quickly filed as to ensure the files are not changed, they are marked to start the chain of possession. The files are also recorded electronically by imputing the form numbers. In the case it is a non-standard form or hand written request, the form is only recorded by photo and scanning. The room is currently low on staff, the members of ethics other than Alexander and Mozy moved to other sites. This move was to check out the status of the other sites while some other members of Ethics went to advise the 0-5 council and record what is going on. "Hello Alexander it is good to see you smile, I hope you are not doing it for appearance. I do not want people hiding their emotions it makes mole hills into mountains later on and that is not good in this business."

Last edited by Mozy on Tue 28 Jan 2014, 18:44; edited 1 time in total
    David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Post by David Alexander Sat 31 Aug 2013, 13:04

"Oh, I'm genuinely happy, Sir." David responded, still clacking away at his keyboard. "I get to watch a bit of testing in a few days, hopefully it'll go well." He finished. "Anything interesting going on with you?"
    Mozy
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Mozy Sat 31 Aug 2013, 13:58

"Nothing too interesting, just dealing with the best parts of a rebellious teenager at the end of her rebellious streak." He rubs his temples."At least they respect authority here."
    David Alexander
    David Alexander
    Admin
    Admin

Post by David Alexander Sat 31 Aug 2013, 14:06

"Sounds like you need a break." David said, opening another file of papers. "Oh, what a mess." He says quietly, filling out a few pages worth of paperwork, having to rearrange the whole lot. "Someone forgot how to organize... Damned interns..."
    Mozy
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Mozy Sat 31 Aug 2013, 15:03

"Make the interns redo it till they get it right, think where they are interning they are here for life however long or short that may be. Do you have any family?"

(OOC sorry I forgot I had to speak)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 00:54