[EXPUNGED] - The Underground SCP Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey there guys, Angel here. My alias on youtube is MissShadowLovely. Now it’s time for you guys to help each other. [This site is not affiliated with the Official SCP Wiki.]

New users look towards agent files for a good place to start, once there you can make a character. The mods will give advice on how to have your character fit in with the others.
///SYSTEM HAS BEEN ACCESSED FROM AN UNKNOWN SOURCE. PLEASE STAND BY FOR FURTHER UPDATES///

4 posters

Site Medical Bay Operating and Recovery Rooms

Doctor LOC
    Doctor LOC

Site Medical Bay Operating and Recovery Rooms Empty Site Medical Bay Operating and Recovery Rooms

Post by Doctor LOC Tue 11 Aug 2015, 02:00

Head medical supervisor and physician LOC walks into the calm familiar sight of the medical bay and all the straight and uncluttered alleys. Then Slowly he takes in the sight of the clean white floor so white it almost glows calmly walking over he drags his fingers across the supplies cabinet door feeling its smooth surface. He closes his eyes and takes in a deep breath through his mask even it not capable of keeping out the burning smell of chemical solutions and rubbing alcohol.
    “God I’ve missed this. It’s good to finally start getting back to work.”
    Squeezing the tablet in his left hand he lifts it to his face checking the names of the current Doctors and Nurses as wells as their current status. Seeing that all have the green status he starts walking to the door at the very end of the hall while he then switches the names on the tablet to all site personal and current checkup dates and the list of needed supplies. As he is going along all the recovery rooms only looking up for names on the doors till he reaches the end of the all opening the door to his office.
    Lola Nova
    Lola Nova

Site Medical Bay Operating and Recovery Rooms Empty Re: Site Medical Bay Operating and Recovery Rooms

Post by Lola Nova Sun 27 Sep 2015, 18:26

Lola Nova paces back and forth outside the room of the agent who was afflicted by the once thought benign SCP. Lola reads and rereads notes from interviews from SCP-1869, Lord Blackwood, trying to figure out what else this thing can do.
    Dr. Aoki
    Dr. Aoki

Site Medical Bay Operating and Recovery Rooms Empty Re: Site Medical Bay Operating and Recovery Rooms

Post by Dr. Aoki Sun 27 Sep 2015, 18:45

By the time Lola Nova would enter the operating room, she would see that the flesh that was covered in pustules has now hardened with the fleshy bulbs sticking out. The flesh having originally been just a raw wound has become papery and hard with the texture of rough denim. Several sewn up gun shot wounds would appear to be completely hollow with bleeding having stopped from most orifices on the body.
    Lola Nova
    Lola Nova

Post by Lola Nova Sun 27 Sep 2015, 19:08

Lola walked back out of the room. She wasn't that kind of doctor. She studied cryptozoology, she thinks. She looks back to the notes trying to find anything else about the so called "curse" and what it does, but that's all that it said it was, a curse. She quickly pulls out her tablet and starts looking up obscure desert curses.

Down the hallway Blake McHarvy, followed Aoki, comes marching down the hallway. "Also," he adds as he talks to her, "Level 1 means I can't interact with SCP's, doesn't mean I can't help with those afflicted with anything suspicious."

Lola looks up at the pair. "Aoki! Thank god you're here. I can't find anything from Lord Blackwood's interviews, but I'm looking up obscure curses and will tell you if I find anything."
    Dr. Aoki
    Dr. Aoki

Post by Dr. Aoki Sun 27 Sep 2015, 19:30

Aoki would walk up between the two of them. She placed a hand on the wall, attempting to regain her breath. "Lord [gasp] Blackwood? [Gasp] The nice slug that called me an adventurer chained within myself?" She would finally regain her breath before continuing. "Does the plate have a date previous to 1909?" She paused and her eyes widened. "C-curses? What developments have happened since I left?"
    Lola Nova
    Lola Nova

Post by Lola Nova Sun 27 Sep 2015, 19:55

Lola looks through the interview notes again, then looks at the special containment protocols object description. "Um... yes on the date, 1896. And yes to developments. The pustules have hardened, the gun shot wounds are hollow, and raw wound has become papery, almost like denim," she informs her.

McHarvy watches the two women discuss the patient and listens intently.
    Dr. Aoki
    Dr. Aoki

Post by Dr. Aoki Sun 27 Sep 2015, 20:08

"I see..." She said as she took a step from McHarvy. "Lola Nova... This is... Uh... Would you mind keeping him company as you supervise for information? Maybe... Mentor him? M-maybe?" She half asked. She trusted Lola more than anyone on the site at the moment, and Lola could probably take the hint that she needed cover of the social variety.
    Aoki would enter the room, putting on a pair of gloves and a mask before making a small incision on the lower calf. She left it alone in order to test a theory before she cut open the stitches of one of the gunshot wounds and opened it slightly. "Papery substance exhibited on the wound is present within the shot." She says, her voice all of a sudden more professional.
    Lola Nova
    Lola Nova

Post by Lola Nova Sun 27 Sep 2015, 20:58

Lola taking the hint, turns to McHarvy, holding his attention for as long as it took for Aoki to get in the room. She looked him up and down.

Blake startled by this sudden turn of events, watched Aoki go into the room helplessly.

"Alright, level one," she said, noticing his badge from her brief inspection of him. "First thing's first, go to the site cafe and get one black tea with condensed milk, and one pumpkin spice latte. Bring it back, but don't bring it into the room, we can't get it contaminated. Just knock on the door when you get back."

"But what if you need help with-"

"Hush," Lola says holding up a finger, and pulling out a spare twenty from her pocket then handing it to him with her other hand. "Bring me back the change."

Blake pouted as took the twenty and headed back out the med bay, once out of Lola's earshot mutter to himself how she's an fekin bitch.

Lola waves him goodbye and then quickly enters the room and starts writing down everything that Aoki says.
    Dr. Aoki
    Dr. Aoki

Post by Dr. Aoki Sun 27 Sep 2015, 21:09

Aoki continued to work on the patient, slightly excavating the sides of the hole to find flesh had been replaced a few centimeters deep with this hard papery material. "Papery substance continues further into the flesh to about three centimeters," She said calmly. "Substance in resistance to metal can be described to the level of card board or card stock." She then moves to the freshest papery wound, cutting open a pustule and opening it slightly. "Let it be noted that there are shapes and perceived movement within the current pustules." 
    Lola Nova
    Lola Nova

Post by Lola Nova Sun 27 Sep 2015, 21:21

Lola wordlessly wrote down what her friend said word for word, until she got to 'movement within the current pustules'.
    "Be careful, when opening the pustule. It could be dangerous," Lola piped up, a bit paranoid that some kind of tentacle would come out of the agent's body and grab onto Aoki.
    Dr. Aoki
    Dr. Aoki

Post by Dr. Aoki Sun 27 Sep 2015, 21:33

"Too Late... S-sorry Lola." She said before she dug into the pustule and pulled out a small fluorescent larvae. Her eyes widened when she put it into a metal sample dish and closed it. "Larvae of unknown origin found within lower abdomen pustule. Checking back on previous injury inflicted by myself." She says before looking at the cut. The cut seems to be bleeding regularly. She nods to herself. "Physical damage post-operation seems to not exhibit on these traits." She would freeze as she heard a loud buzzing start to sound from within one of the stitched up gun shots.
    Lola Nova
    Lola Nova

Post by Lola Nova Sun 27 Sep 2015, 21:46

Lola was taking a picture of the fluorescent larvae when she too heard the buzzing.
    "Aoki... please tell me that's coming from your phone."
    When the buzzing persists, Lola got her camera ready for what was about to come out of that bullet hole.
    Dr. Aoki
    Dr. Aoki

Post by Dr. Aoki Sun 27 Sep 2015, 21:58

"I-I don't have a phone..." Aoki said softly before taking a scalpel and assisting what ever is inside to leave the confines of it's paper flesh prison. She would cut each stitch one by one before a florescent wasp would exit the hole, while a couple underdeveloped wasps started to crawl out of it. Aoki took a step back, as to not arrogate them. Her hand slipped to another metal sample dish with a glass window. "When you take the picture, I will capture the fully grown one. I'm going to need an extra hand for the rest." 
    Lola Nova
    Lola Nova

Post by Lola Nova Sun 27 Sep 2015, 22:10

Lola's camera already flashed when she said 'pic-'.
    "I'm on it," Lola says as she put down the camera, and grabbed some gloves in one swift motion. She put on the gloves and walked over to Aoki.
    Dr. Aoki
    Dr. Aoki

Post by Dr. Aoki Sun 27 Sep 2015, 22:18

She would take a deep, exhasperated, breath, before moving forward and capturing the adult wasp in the container. As she closed the container and put it onto the sample tray, she would grab another container and open it. She carefully took a few, with the help of Lola, and placed it in the container. "Let it be noted that the creation process of such... Wasps... Has halted on areas not cocooned. Areas converted to a nest should be removed from the agent's body" She shuddered before she looked to Lola. "Can you identify these?"
    Lola Nova
    Lola Nova

Post by Lola Nova Sun 27 Sep 2015, 23:01

"They look like cicada killing wasps from northern Africa, but colored wrong," Lola says in wonderment as she examines the wasp.

There's a knock at the door, and then a northern Dublin accent calls through the crack in the door, "I have your beverages."

"Leave them at the nurses station, we need you," Lola calls out to him.

McHarvy didn't need to be told twice, and almost tripped over himself as he ran to the nurses station.
    "Alright, what do you need me to do?" He asked when he came back, shaking spilled tea and latte from his sleeves.

"Write down 'Five full grown sphecius wasps found in the bullet wounds. Creation processes of theses wasps have halte on areas not cocooned. Areas converted to a nest should be removed from the agent's body.'" Lola says not looking away from the wasp she's examining.

McHarvy quickly grabs the file Lola was once writing on and writes down what he told her to. Then reads what she wrote.
    Dr. Aoki
    Dr. Aoki

Post by Dr. Aoki Mon 28 Sep 2015, 22:21

"Lola, I'm going to need an extra hand here... Switch off with... Um." She kept her eyes away from his as she tried to stay in her much more professional work mode. When she calmed down, she would re-speak up. "I will need assistance in removing the rest of the saliva-wood pulp mixture." She would make a deep incision down the side of the freshest comb, going deep into the muscle to take out the full hive in the making. "He should be able to make a near full recovery." She says calmly.
    Lola Nova
    Lola Nova

Post by Lola Nova Mon 28 Sep 2015, 22:57

"McHarvy," the young ginger haired man said as he passed the note pad to the short woman with a yellow hairband in her black hair who was looking at the wasp.

Nova took the notepad and pen from McHarvy, after placing the container with the wasp inside onto the counter. Then started writing the composition of the nest and that the patient is expected to make a full recovery.

Blake quickly got his hands washed, gloves on, and tools that were already in the room's cabinet ready for Dr.Aoki. "Ready doctor?" he asks in his professional tone.
    Dr. Aoki
    Dr. Aoki

Post by Dr. Aoki Tue 29 Sep 2015, 14:39

She nods before she would sterilize the area around the nest. "Given your training, you should be f-familiar with working upon and re-examining previously worked on w-wounds." She said. She took a deep breath, making sure that she stayed in the same professional mindset. "There are two gun shots along the legs and another miniature nest at the right major pectoral. It only has a circumference of approximately two inches so it should not be so hard. The procedure will be similar to that of removing a tumor. I will be dealing with the larger hive in the lower abdomen. Cut slow and cut deep. Mind your surroundings. Any live specimens take no presidency. Kill them and focus on the agent. Attempt to preserve the hive. C-clear?"
    Lola Nova
    Lola Nova

Post by Lola Nova Tue 29 Sep 2015, 20:21

"All clear," Blake replied with a nod.
    "I'll get started on the hive on the right pectoral," he says while he pulls up a chair next to the agent then gets to work. He applies local anesthetic to the areas around the hive then begins to cut around it into the meaty flesh, keeping the hive intact. He successfully resists the urge to grimis when he sees movement within the nest. Probably more larvae. He continues to slowly peel and cut away the hive from his body, the hive going in a tad deeper than he expected. McHarvy did frown when he heard a small crack come from the inside the body when he pulled the hive from the agent's body. A small flake of the nest was still connected, the crack was the nest releasing four larvae from their 'honeycombs.' They squirms on the poor agent's open wound while McHarvy was busy putting the hive away in it's own container.
    "Oh no you don't," McHarvy said to the larvae as he statched them up one by one with his forceps. He placed them in their own pan and planned on killing them later, they weren't going anywhere any time soon. Then he cut out the last of bits of the unnatural hive looking parts that he missed making sure he got everything.
    Dr. Aoki
    Dr. Aoki

Post by Dr. Aoki Wed 30 Sep 2015, 19:28

As McHarvy cut at the hive, he would notice some peculiars of the structure of the hive itself. For one, the paper that constructed the hive shared the man's olive skin tone. The hive, though compact, had burrowed deep into his chest, the bottom of it reaching the front ribs of the agent. As both Aoki and McHarvy both cut, they would also notice an restlessness occurring in the bullet wounds. The buzzing almost became violent as no less than three wasps in each bullet wound started to push at the sutures.
    Aoki pays no attention to it, past remarking "As the hives are being damaged or removed, the wasps seem to become more active." 
    Aoki cuts the first few inches of the nest out of the fleshy belly of the man, however is surprised to find how deep the nest actually goes. "Let it be noted that this hive would go as deep as to reach segments of the large intestine." She said before cutting out the comb of the hive and leaving much of the lower nest. She then looks at McHarvy's work. "Lola, as of now, all active portions of nest have been removed, save for the bullet wounds." She then continued to start carefully cutting the rest of the nest out. She growled to herself. She couldn't use sutures for such a wound, and if she would, that would guarantee further complications. She would need to do a procedure along the lines of Intestinal atresia repair to repair the intestine. The problem is that this procedure would be most likely be incompatible with his age. She weighed them side by side in her head as she started to cut the last pieces.
    Lola Nova
    Lola Nova

Post by Lola Nova Wed 30 Sep 2015, 20:45

Nova nods and writes down her statement about the nests becoming active, the large intestine becoming infected, then where they are during the operation.

McHarvy gave his work another look over before turning to Aoki, "I'll start on the calf, unless you want help?"
    Dr. Aoki
    Dr. Aoki

Post by Dr. Aoki Wed 30 Sep 2015, 22:52

“You wouldn’t h-happen to be a Gastroenterologist, would you?” She asked, keeping only a small amount of nest on the intestine. She couldn’t continue until she exhausted all possibilities. “Repairing the gastrointestinal tract is much more troublesome than repairing muscle tissue or skin. If you have a focus in it, you might w-w-want to run clean up…” She said simply, her face contorted into a frown. Worst comes to worst, she would either be forced to pioneer and possibly fail a procedure that she would need to convert for an adult, or she would be forced to suture the intestine and possibly kill him through a messy anastomotic obstruction. If everything went her way, he would be back on his feet within a few months, if not, he would most likely die. “If you aren’t, work on the bullet wounds…”
    Lola Nova
    Lola Nova

Post by Lola Nova Thu 01 Oct 2015, 18:18

"Bullet wounds. On it," Blake replied as he rolled his chair around Aoki to the agents leg and started to get to work. "Oh theses wasps are getting antsy," he comments looking at the activity in the nest. "I better get the nest off quick," he says to himself as he cuts quick yet precise into the agent's leg.

Nova pipes up, "Do you want me to go call for a gastroenterologist, Aoki?"
    Dr. Aoki
    Dr. Aoki

Post by Dr. Aoki Fri 02 Oct 2015, 17:25

"Is there one on site?" She asked hesitantly as she looked the last bit of nest. She would have no idea what would happen if she were to let it stay. Whether it would be completely benign or cause an infection that could be fatal, she could not just leave it in him.
    The wasps would fly out of one of the cuts. The wasps spread out, flying erratically. "Instances of 2XXX - 3 have become hostile! Call in security!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat 11 May 2024, 10:28