[EXPUNGED] - The Underground SCP Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey there guys, Angel here. My alias on youtube is MissShadowLovely. Now it’s time for you guys to help each other. [This site is not affiliated with the Official SCP Wiki.]

New users look towards agent files for a good place to start, once there you can make a character. The mods will give advice on how to have your character fit in with the others.
///SYSTEM HAS BEEN ACCESSED FROM AN UNKNOWN SOURCE. PLEASE STAND BY FOR FURTHER UPDATES///

3 posters

Operation Indian Trail

Operation Indian Trail 30-91
    "mothman"

Operation Indian Trail Empty Operation Indian Trail

Post by "mothman" Fri 30 Aug 2013, 19:59

Avioní d'internatzionale, Roma
    Agent Mothman
    August 30th
    0200 hrs
    ----------------------
    "Damn this heat," Agent mothman muttered under his breath. The private jet taxied to the terminal under a cloudless, star-lit sky. A slight rocking of the plane alerted the agent to the gangway being hooked up to the fuselage of the jet.

A voice chirped in his head.

"Foundation driver is waiting in exit 12; be advised, CIA has eyes on. Someone tipped them off."

-"Well ████, there goes the element of surprise..." There was a moment of silence before Mothman replied.

"Think you could tell the driver to meet me at the maintenance access?"

-"Maybe, but that area is restricted; you're not going to fool anyone in that suit."

As mothman entered the airport, suitcase in hand, he immediately noticed the employee locker room was wide open across the way from the exit. With eyes open for danger, he slipped in un-noticed. After passing a few lockers, he stopped in front of a urinal where a maintenance worker was relieving himself.

He took a moment to reach in his coat. He pulled out a few hundred dollar bills, and tapped the gentleman on the shoulder. The surly employee zipped his fly, as he turned to receive a suited man hand with American money. An inaudible exchange of words, and the men shook hands.

As agent mothman made his way through the employee sections, and eventually the exit, where an unmarked vehicle was waiting. As he stepped in, the small voice chirped once more.

"Hey, I just saw someone get hauled away by some suits, you okay?"

"I'm fine; i'm in the vehicle. We're proceeding with Indian Trail." With that, the car rolled around the airport to the front, where CIA were interrogating a surly maintenance man in a suit. The car continued on to the main road, towards Vatican City.
    "mothman"

Operation Indian Trail Empty Re: Operation Indian Trail

Post by "mothman" Sat 31 Aug 2013, 19:03

Vatican City
    0230hrs
    Agent "Mothman"
    ---------------------

As Mothman exited the vehicle onto the wet gutter of the Vatican, He distinctly noticed the pillar of the top of the cathedral with the golden cross shining in the moonlight. As he closed the door behind him, he walked across the street to an unmarked building.

As he walked to the reception desk,the gentleman greeted him with a handshake. In his terrible english, he cleared his throat and began to speak.

"The room is ready for you. Your gear will be sent to you momentarily. Please, take this key."

The man handed him a worn key, and pointed up to the cieling.

"Top floor, room D."

Mothman reached the room in moments. He closed the door behind him and placed his suitcase on the makeshift bed. He stripped the used maintenance uniform, and popped open his suitcase, revealing a pair of black ripstop bdu pants, and his ballistic vest. He Strapped the vest on over his black tanktop, and put his pants on, buckling his pistol belt and lacing up his jump boots. From there, he holstered his Beretta m92SD onto the pistol belt. Moments later, a knock on the door; The man from the reception desk dropped off two large gym bags, and promptly left without a word.

Mothman reached to the bags after a moment fiddling with his gear, and opened one of the bags. Tripod and camera, Shotgun microphone, Magnification lenses to help getting faces in focus. He sighed and looked around for perfect positions. Time to start unpacking.

Before he could set up the tripod, the voice once again chimed in.

"Status."

-"Setting up. 5 Mikes."

Operation Indian Trail Stock-footage-man-talking-phone-silhouette-secret-agent-surveillance-concept
    =============
    Lola Nova
    Lola Nova

Post by Lola Nova Sun 01 Sep 2013, 04:14

(My character has no reason to be here, but I'm loving this either way. Continue... : D )
    "mothman"

Post by "mothman" Sun 01 Sep 2013, 07:12

As the early morning hours gave way to dawn, and soon to afternoon, Mothman was still watching the pontiff's meeting room from across the street, its curtains opened to reveal the chestnut/oak meeting table and ancient chairs. He could barely make out a painting of the last supper on the furthest wall.

Occasionally, A swiss guard would enter the meeting room, make his rounds, then leave; This frustrated the agent, his senses becoming dulled mildly from fatigue.

At 1500Hrs, interesting things started to happen. A convoy of several black cadillacs rolled up to the building, The CIA Director had arrived. Mothman smiled at this, and began to take pictures. Shortly afterwards, An unmarked white car pulled up across the street. The Pope had arrived wearing a trenchcoat and a large-brimmed hat to shield himself from the rain. Mothman quickly switched from the camera to the shotgun microphone.

Moments later, he could hear the door opening with a bit of a ruckus; The agent pressed the REC on his microphone, and zoomed in.
    ----------------------

The director stood up and fixed his tie as the Pope entered the room. They shook hands.

"Ah, Your holiness. Please sit, we have very important things to discuss..."

-"Indeed we do, Director..." With that, both parties became seated. There was a moment of silence where the pope brought out his reading glasses and put them on, as well as placing a file on the table, opening and reading through.

"So, About the issue we discussed..." The director chimed in.

-"I cannot provide you with armed resistance for the operation in which you're attempting to perform. I can only provide you with intelligence...As for that aspect...This file has all points of interest regarding the SCP Foundation. You should get a copy of this before you leave..."

"Thats fine, Your holiness. We only asked for intelligence anyway. Once we set Tempest in motion, All known paranormal artifacts will be under CIA Control within 72 hours. We have the US Military to provide assistance as well..."

-"Interesting, Director. Did you find that Foundation informant?"

"Yes, and he tipped us off to the airport...however,"

"However....what?"

"He managed to slip past us."

With that, the Pope slammed his fist into the desk, the thump seemed audible across the street without amplification devices.

"Imbecile! I provide you more than enough adequate intelligence, and you still can't catch this worm of an agent. My faith in you is somewhat diminished, Mr. Director."

"It won't be a problem...My men are handling it as we speak...Onto the matter of dividing control of the artifacts..."

"Si. We do not care about anything else other than the holy artifacts, or those possessed by Belial. You can keep the other trinkets..."

"Of course, Your holiness... We plan on executing this plan in 2 months from today."

-----------------------

"Son of a bitch..." Agent mothman muttered as he finished recording. The voice in his head chimed once again.

"They're coming, duck behind the bed!"

Mothman did as instructed, just as the lock on the door snapped like a twig, and paranormal agents burst through the doorway. Mothman took a deep breath and revealed his position, his pistol unholstered. He brought it up to eye-level and squeezed off as many rounds as he was physically capable of. A few hit their mark, as one man fell, and the other retreated back through the doorway down the hall to the stairs. As he was running, he was gunned down by the Agent with three well-placed rounds to his back. Quickly, he took the sd card containing the recording, and the camera, placed it in the gym bag, along with the dead paranormal agent's Mp-5, and walked calmly out of the building, pistol still in hand.

"Base, I need extraction, I've been compromised..." His voice was rushed as he took a turn down a cluttered alley.

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2013, 08:06

((Good story so far. I have a couple of questions though: why are we at war with the CIA? And why did the Vatican decide to step in?))
    Lola Nova
    Lola Nova

Post by Lola Nova Sun 01 Sep 2013, 20:01

Agent_Sanders wrote:((Good story so far. I have a couple of questions though: why are we at war with the CIA? And why did the Vatican decide to step in?))
    http://www.scp-wiki.net/groups-of-interest

Vatican might be part of CBG, and CIA thinks it can take more than it can chew.

Post by Guest Sun 01 Sep 2013, 23:07

"Clandestine and worldwide, The SCP Foundation operates beyond jurisdiction, empowered and entrusted by every major world government with the task of containing 'items which jeopardize normalcy.'"

There's got to be a good reason as to why the CIA would suddenly turn on the SCP Foundation. The Foundation is trusted by every major world government, so I'm pretty sure the CIA would know when they're hopelessly outgunned. Then again, the American government has always been rather arrogant...

"Shortly after the discovery and containment of SCP-882, several members of this "church" came forward and demanded the return of "the heart of god". Led by one Robert Bumaro, they are a group of zealots, believing many of the SCP items to be parts of a "god" that was broken after the creation of the universe. By restoring it to its whole state, they will also gain godhood. Since first contact, three other key components of the "god" have also been tentatively identified: SCP-217, SCP-271 and SCP-1139. A sect dedicated to the Church built SCP-808."

The Broken God seems to be different from the Judeo-Christian perception of God, Miss Nova. Also, if the Vatican WAS affiliated with the CotBG, then that would make them the most powerful and influential Group of Interest. Just saying.
    Codename: Cadaver
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Codename: Cadaver Mon 02 Sep 2013, 03:18

Agent_Sanders wrote:"Clandestine and worldwide, The SCP Foundation operates beyond jurisdiction, empowered and entrusted by every major world government with the task of containing 'items which jeopardize normalcy.'"

There's got to be a good reason as to why the CIA would suddenly turn on the SCP Foundation. The Foundation is trusted by every major world government, so I'm pretty sure the CIA would know when they're hopelessly outgunned. Then again, the American government has always been rather arrogant...

"Shortly after the discovery and containment of SCP-882, several members of this "church" came forward and demanded the return of "the heart of god". Led by one Robert Bumaro, they are a group of zealots, believing many of the SCP items to be parts of a "god" that was broken after the creation of the universe. By restoring it to its whole state, they will also gain godhood. Since first contact, three other key components of the "god" have also been tentatively identified: SCP-217, SCP-271 and SCP-1139. A sect dedicated to the Church built SCP-808."

The Broken God seems to be different from the Judeo-Christian perception of God, Miss Nova. Also, if the Vatican WAS affiliated with the CotBG, then that would make them the most powerful and influential Group of Interest. Just saying.  
    (That's the thing though, the Foundation isn't really trusted by every government worldwide. If that were the case, the Global Occult Coalition wouldn't exist, since they're funded by the UN [which is almost every major country]; And then there's the Office for the Reclamation of Islamic Artifacts,and the UIU [which is the FBI]. The Foundation is somewhat privetly owned [at least that's what I gather from some various files and Foundation tales], and very few people actually know what goes on inside the various Sites. Basically, just because the Foundation says it, doesn't mean it's true. Look at the orientation for the Ethic's Committee and Operation: SLATE THUNDER.

As for the CIA going against the Foundation, it's a definite possibility. The Foundation is a wild card in the world, a place where the strange is studied and only destroyed if deemed necessary. To the CIA, and to the President of the USA, the Foundation could be considered a high level threat to security [especially since it opposes the GOC's mission of search and destroy]. So, the CIA could, in theory, want to end the Foundation.

As for the Vatican, there's multiple items in the Foundation that could be deemed holy [343 and the 'pope on a rope' come to mind]. They could want those items, to keep away from 'non-believers' like the Foundation, who would try to disprove their holiness with science.

So, bottom line: The Foundation lies about lots of things, the CIA has every reason not to true the Foundation, and the pope wants holy stuff.)
    Lola Nova
    Lola Nova

Post by Lola Nova Mon 02 Sep 2013, 10:28

I see his point about the Vatican though. It does seem pretty out of character for the Pope himself to be part of the CBG.
    Mothman, maybe you should tweak it so that this is more like... the pope of CBG, and just the subdivision of the CIA going after one specific Site.

This is just me throwing out something random to compromise
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Codename: Cadaver Mon 02 Sep 2013, 14:16

Lola Nova wrote:I see his point about the Vatican though. It does seem pretty out of character for the Pope himself to be part of the CBG.
    Mothman, maybe you should tweak it so that this is more like... the pope of CBG, and just the subdivision of the CIA going after one specific Site.

This is just me throwing out something random to compromise
    (Let the man write his mission. It'll probably make sense after it's all done.)
    "mothman"

Post by "mothman" Mon 02 Sep 2013, 15:58

As the agent walked briskly through the alley, The voice chirped again into his ear like a fairy gripping onto his earlobe.

"Update, O-5[REDACTED] says the CIA Director used to be UIU,"

-"So he just swapped his black suit for a blue...Charming...Think UIU is expanding?"

"Seems like it."

-"What about Pope Francis...? What's his stake in all this?"

"Searching through our databases doesn't pull up...wait."

-"..."

"How did we not notice it. Pope Francis used to work political relations as Deacon of the Pentagona Basilica. Fifth Church."

-"That doesn't make sense...Think he's playing for another team?"

"If he is, then he's doing a damn good job of covering his tracks. Out."

The alley opened up to a side street in the middle of the lunch rush. He waved a taxi down and entered.

"Whats the status on exfil?" he asked as he looked to his cab driver. The woman nodded and began to drive without a destination. She then spoke.

"Extraction is simple. Sit back and enjoy the drive to Naples..."

Mothman chuckled at his luck as he looked behind him. A pair of suits ran after the car, but gave up shortly after the taxi got up to speed.

"So, you got the SD Card?"

-"In my hands."

"Good. I'm going to tell you now, this vehicle has a 500lb bomb in the chassis. You armed it by sitting down on that seat. Any attempt to leave without my say will detonate the charge. The GOC would love to talk to you about the Sd Card in your possession."

-" Double agent? You tipped off the CIA about my arrival..." he gave a joyous laugh.

"Alice. I thought you died in Kowloon from our previous encounter."

"3 Months from the hospital and 5 months of physical Therapy. I've been following you since Syria. Be happy it was me."

Mothman sighed and relaxed in his seat. Stuck between a bomb and a hard place...
    Lola Nova
    Lola Nova

Post by Lola Nova Mon 02 Sep 2013, 16:15

(Seeing as this is a solo thing, just roll with it Agent Sanders. If it gets too out of character or the Foundation universe, we'll move it to non-canon.)
    "mothman"

Post by "mothman" Tue 03 Sep 2013, 15:47

As the vehicle came to a stop, Alice exited the vehicle, opening Mothman's door, and pulling him out.

"So what now," Mothman said as the barrel of a glock was pressed against his back. "Gonna plug me in my back and get away with the SD card? The CIA and Vatican are on our heels, think they'll just listen to a little firecracker like you? They'll just as easily plug you."

Alice scoffed and jammed the pistol hard into his back as she shoved him down to his knees.

"Shut up. I'll just as easily shoot you as I'd blow you up. Give me the card."

Mothman slowly moved his left hand to his vest. At that moment, Alice spun him around, facing her. He took his chance. With a trained swiftness, he gave an out-and-up grip on the pistol. The pistol went off, And Mothman groaned in pain as he ripped the pistol away as blood flowed from the wound in his forearm. He followed up with a left hook to Alice's temple. She went out like a light, her short-skirted figure resting on the sun heated grass.

Agent Mothman grimaced in pain as he inspected the glock.

"Funny. I thought I killed you in Kowloon..."

He took aim with the Glock and emptied the magazine into Alice's head and chest.

"Now I know you're Dead." With that, he tossed the empty pistol onto the corpse, and got inside the vehicle, starting it and driving towards Naples.

After 2 hours of driving, he finally arrived at the docks in Naples, pulling up to an unmarked Patrol boat. The man who greeted him on the dock, Dressed as a naval officer, helped the agent onto the deck. After a moment, they casted off, their mission complete.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 13 May 2024, 02:28