[EXPUNGED] - The Underground SCP Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey there guys, Angel here. My alias on youtube is MissShadowLovely. Now it’s time for you guys to help each other. [This site is not affiliated with the Official SCP Wiki.]

New users look towards agent files for a good place to start, once there you can make a character. The mods will give advice on how to have your character fit in with the others.
///SYSTEM HAS BEEN ACCESSED FROM AN UNKNOWN SOURCE. PLEASE STAND BY FOR FURTHER UPDATES///

+7
Dr. "Nightingale"
B. Sweets
Agent "Yuki"
Zorua
The "Oblivion"
Lola Nova
O.W.
11 posters

Important decision.

Poll

do we remove all prior content (excluding agent files) and start over?

[ 8 ]
    Important decision. Bar_left44%Important decision. Bar_right [44%] 
    [ 10 ]
    Important decision. Bar_left56%Important decision. Bar_right [56%] 

Total Votes: 18
    Poll closed
    O.W.
    O.W.
    Admin
    Admin

Important decision. Empty Important decision.

Post by O.W. Tue 20 Aug 2013, 19:35

It has come to my attention that some of us are not in favor of some of the renovations taking place on the site. Therefor, as to hopefully quell some of the worried users, we're putting it up to a poll. However this thing goes, decides how the site shall continue. Choose wisely Site-19.
    Lola Nova
    Lola Nova

Important decision. Empty Re: Important decision.

Post by Lola Nova Tue 20 Aug 2013, 22:06

I say this place needs a restart. I really want to RP as Lola again. I really do, but she has history on this site, and the whole death thing, I just doesn't seem right. I know you guys have 100 different ways to resurrect someone, but I don't want Lola to be special... unless she does something that deserves it, like over coming challenges in death to earn a resurrection. Either way, something as huge as a resurrection fucks with the whole roleplay's universe, especially if that person's been dead for, say, 5 years.

Think back to the first time you joined, when you just finished making a backstory and ready to take on this new mysterious world? Wasn't that fun? The thought of Lola beginning again, her being found outside the ruins of Prometheus Industries and getting to do all of that again with you guys excites me! Who know what can happen!?
    O.W.
    O.W.
    Admin
    Admin

Post by O.W. Tue 20 Aug 2013, 22:07

Lola Nova wrote:I say this place needs a restart. I really want to RP as Lola again. I really do, but she has history on this site, and the whole death thing, I just doesn't seem right. I know you guys have 100 different ways to resurrect someone, but I don't want Lola to be special... unless she does something that deserves it, like over coming challenges in death to earn a resurrection. Either way, something as huge as a resurrection fucks with the whole roleplay's universe, especially if that person's been dead for, say, 5 years.

Think back to the first time you joined, when you just finished making a backstory and ready to take on this new mysterious world? Wasn't that fun? The thought of Lola beginning again, her being found outside the ruins of Prometheus Industries and getting to do all of that again with you guys excites me! Who know what can happen!?
    well said Lola.
    The
    The "Oblivion"

Post by The "Oblivion" Wed 21 Aug 2013, 02:41

We all have to make sacrifices at one point... Here goes my next one.
    Having a new start would solve many problems. Some of us just have to be ready to let go and start again.
    It's for the better.
    Zorua
    Zorua

Post by Zorua Wed 21 Aug 2013, 09:09

At this point I could honestly go either way, it would be nice to keep old cannon; but as you can see I've already remade my old character. Whatever happens though I just want everyone to know I enjoyed the ride that was the old data expunged.
    Agent
    Agent "Yuki"

Post by Agent "Yuki" Wed 21 Aug 2013, 12:30

I'm just asking... For how many of you was this RP your first in general?
    B. Sweets
    B. Sweets

Post by B. Sweets Wed 21 Aug 2013, 12:38

It was for me.
    Dr.
    Dr. "Nightingale"

Post by Dr. "Nightingale" Wed 21 Aug 2013, 13:06

This was my first RP as well. I'd done a little before, but nothing like this.
    Zorua
    Zorua

Post by Zorua Wed 21 Aug 2013, 14:28

Honestly? It was my first of this magnitude.

Post by Guest Wed 21 Aug 2013, 14:35

My first ever RP and this site helped me in a lot
    B. Sweets
    B. Sweets

Post by B. Sweets Wed 21 Aug 2013, 20:17

I have been thinking on this, I doubt most people will agree with everything I say, some of you might. I feel like this is the future i made for this cannon is happening now, and Sweets is standing on the roof, and waiting for the nukes to hit. This site means a lot to me not because it is an escape, because I get to be Sweets, Sweets gets to be me, hes not just a character, hes a character I put a heart and soul into. His history, his emotions, his brooding (shut up Nez), they aren't just scripting a character, Sweets acts and reacts as I feel, he is me, and now it feels like he is being put down like a dog because some people feel ashamed of the current state of this Site. I live my life with a simple rule; don't regret anything, whatever happens to you is going to help you in some way, never regret or forget your past. Seems this site doesn't share that opinion, or at least 8/15ths of it. So I will end on a few quotes from Winston Churchill
    "If you are going through Hell, keep going.
    Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference.
    However beautiful the strategy, you should occasionally look at the results.
    We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English. (This is being posted by a member of this site with a deep love of his Irish heritage.)
    Great and good are seldom the same man.
    Dr.
    Dr. "Nightingale"

Post by Dr. "Nightingale" Wed 21 Aug 2013, 20:25

Well said, Sweets.
    The
    The "Oblivion"

Post by The "Oblivion" Thu 22 Aug 2013, 06:08

Just because people voted for the change, doesn't mean they don't agree with you. Think rationally about this...
    Mozy
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Mozy Thu 22 Aug 2013, 06:26

It is removing the records of the past here, It is not removing your memories that is something hard to do and takes almost constant suppressing of yourself, you have to stop yourself from remembering. What is honestly happening IS we are making a new appearance that the past was not there I have deleted mozy's passt and I am happy to restart him, the character lives through the personality, just consider this another stage in life. You will still have a past you just have the wonder and awe of re-experiencing a new past hopefully with less trauma and pain.
    Lola Nova
    Lola Nova

Post by Lola Nova Sat 24 Aug 2013, 08:37

Mozy wrote:It is removing the records of the past here, It is not removing your memories that is something hard to do and takes almost constant suppressing of yourself, you have to stop yourself from remembering. What is honestly happening IS we are making a new appearance that the past was not there I have deleted mozy's passt and I am happy to restart him, the character lives through the personality, just consider this another stage in life. You will still have a past you just have the wonder and awe of re-experiencing a new past hopefully with less trauma and pain.
    ^^^^^
    This
    Codename: Cadaver
    Codename: Cadaver
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Codename: Cadaver Sat 24 Aug 2013, 10:24

Ok... I logged back into my old account so that you'll all know I'm very serious when I say this. I love the old canon, it was probably the greatest thing I've seen so far, and I love all the characters that came out of it. However, all our attempts to keep that canon going have been fleeting or non-existant. We let our abilities get ahead of thinking, there was litterally one point where we were charging at each other head on in every fight.

And... to be honest, I feel like it's partly my fault. I made VonKraft, who started out as an amazing logical villian, and turned him into an over powered, blood thursty monster that honestly had out lived his purpose. I brought him back thinking of how cool it would be, and wound up stealing the spotlight from other, more deserving arcs (like what Connor was trying to set up with Nobody, or Zeke's version of Dr. Wondertainment).

I killed off Cadaver and wrote him off, only to bring him back time and time again. I let Marcus become nothing more than a shadow of Cadaver, and to be honest I feel like I let some amazing potential die from that. When I finally did end Cadaver, for good, it didn't have any true impact to me. It felt like another day at work, and I don't like that.

We let players like ACE get too powerful on the site, we let REDACTED's abilities get a bit out of control from their controlable beginings, and I had my original character, this one, turned into something he wasn't.

I want to see this as going into a separate universe, with the same characters. We can take them in a new direction that we didn't think could happen before. We can have real danger by making our characters human, and mortal. It'll be hard, of course it is, but it's something I think should happen.

I understand that some of you guys are ticked off about this, but to be honest we aren't deleting our characters at all. We're rebuilding them, making them stronger and smarter and human and flawed. If you guys want to leave, we wont stop you and we'll undertand why. You feel like someone's destroying your work, your pride, part of your soul. But they aren't really gone, they're still there and they're ready for new adventures in a similar setting, but with different circumstances.

If you guys want to talk, message me on my Agent Smith profile. If you feel like no one will listen, I will. I'll take everything into account, I'll talk to the other mods about it, and maybe we can cushion this blow (if you feel it's a blow).

And... If it's not enough, I want you guys to know that it has been an honor seeing these characters grow.
    Zorua
    Zorua

Post by Zorua Sat 24 Aug 2013, 10:58

Well guys the other mods have their piece... I guess it's my turn. I want to say it's been an honor and privilege to be your site command. I had to actually beg Mozy for the job, but I'm glad I did. You guys this cannon has been some of the most fun I have ever had; I've made great friends, and had some of the most kick ████ adventures. But here is the thing guys like most of you I have put my heart and soul into both Misty and Zor they have become more then just words on a page, or characters in some story; they have become part of me, and really that's a blessing and a curse. The blessing is that I've seen these two grow from two random things that I hadn't a clue what to do with, to character's that when they feel something I feel that way too... which honestly is confusing as ████ when they fight. The curse is quite simply this, when you do put your heart and soul into a character they eventually plateau and go down hill; it's about that time when you need to end their part in the story... for Zor and Misty that was about four months ago, but I continued on with Zor instead of allowing him his death at the end of the original AWCY? arc, I even brought Misty back in this final week because to be honest on this site it feels like half of me is missing when I don't have the option to play her. I really started to ramble... Honestly what I hope is that this restart will give both Zor and Misty a new chance to soar, to reach new heights that they couldn't here in this timeline. Will I miss the old stuff? Yes, but at the same time I have become excited for what this new timeline can bring; for what Zor the beta 48 leader will do, what he will have already done in the foundation; and I look forward to the new adventures with all you guys.

~Zorua
    Nekowing
    Nekowing

Post by Nekowing Sat 24 Aug 2013, 11:09

I don’t even know if my opinion means a thing here anymore, considering all of you have grown up and matured to the point of being able to deal with starting afresh.
    I don’t think I’ve specifically grown up yet. Not here anyway. And here I am, at the wake of my own personal apocalypse and for you guys, a brand new world all of you can start fresh.
    I mean, Lola Nova was my hero to the site. And to have her back must be an amazing addition to the new world you all are building. I am honestly glad to see all of you rebuild and re-imagine your characters. However… I can’t see myself doing that.
    Who knows, I might actually be holding my characters back. During my time here, I based my characters off of concepts I had in my mind and let them grow.
    For example, Neko was supposed to be the perfect soldier, but a less than everything human in his head. He was awkward and didn’t know his way around the social playground. As time passed though, he grew in his friends… the family he made for himself. Ironically, the foundation slowly turned him more human rather than the opposite.
    Alice was the definition of someone you’d underestimate. She was someone with a condescending mind of a queen, trapped in an un-suiting body. As such, she remained hostile to everyone. When she met a certain doctor though, who traveled her wonderland and saw how her mind works, she slowly warmed up to him. She started to soften, even attempting to help a beast reach his beauty.
    The specific universe my characters were born in brought the absolute best in them. Brought out the highs of them (Neko killing Vonkraft) and their lows (Alice struggling to cope with Cadaver’s death). And I don’t believe I will be able to do that here. The reality of the universe would make their stories a lot more different. Neko would turn into the perfect soldier, but his emotional life would be a wreck. He would be the Site asshole, nagging everyone to follow procedure. Alice wouldn’t even exist. These aren’t places I want to explore in my characters.
    So I’m sorry everyone, I won’t be coming back.
    I loved every second of this... I promise...

Damn this, damn this fragmented life
    I still hear the ringing in my mind
    Ah, back then I wish someone had
    just scolded me like this before I lost my head
    How many trillion years we've wasted time?
    It's cold, it's cold, please don't leave me here
    The answer's on my tongue, I can just feel it's here
    Kaiba-sensei, Kaiba-sensei
    The scrapes, they have the answers that I crave
    I just found it, I found it here
    6 million 5 hundred 30 million 1 hundred
    24 thousand 7 hundred 10
    Those years have passed, we are near the end
    The first train will arrive there when it's 5 AM
    Without me, still the world is here to stay
    Surely, surely, this is the case:
    The answer is I need to go away

Agent Smith
    Agent Smith

Post by Agent Smith Sat 24 Aug 2013, 11:56

NekoWing wrote:I don’t even know if my opinion means a thing here anymore, considering all of you have grown up and matured to the point of being able to deal with starting afresh.
    I don’t think I’ve specifically grown up yet. Not here anyway. And here I am, at the wake of my own personal apocalypse and for you guys, a brand new world all of you can start fresh.
    I mean, Lola Nova was my hero to the site. And to have her back must be an amazing addition to the new world you all are building. I am honestly glad to see all of you rebuild and re-imagine your characters. However… I can’t see myself doing that.
    Who knows, I might actually be holding my characters back. During my time here, I based my characters off of concepts I had in my mind and let them grow.
    For example, Neko was supposed to be the perfect soldier, but a less than everything human in his head. He was awkward and didn’t know his way around the social playground. As time passed though, he grew in his friends… the family he made for himself. Ironically, the foundation slowly turned him more human rather than the opposite.
    Alice was the definition of someone you’d underestimate. She was someone with a condescending mind of a queen, trapped in an un-suiting body. As such, she remained hostile to everyone. When she met a certain doctor though, who traveled her wonderland and saw how her mind works, she slowly warmed up to him. She started to soften, even attempting to help a beast reach his beauty.
    The specific universe my characters were born in brought the absolute best in them. Brought out the highs of them (Neko killing Vonkraft) and their lows (Alice struggling to cope with Cadaver’s death). And I don’t believe I will be able to do that here. The reality of the universe would make their stories a lot more different. Neko would turn into the perfect soldier, but his emotional life would be a wreck. He would be the Site asshole, nagging everyone to follow procedure. Alice wouldn’t even exist. These aren’t places I want to explore in my characters.
    So I’m sorry everyone, I won’t be coming back.
    I loved every second of this... I promise...

I still hear the ringing in my mind
    Ah, back then I wish someone had
    just scolded me like this before I lost my head
    How many trillion years we've wasted time?
    It's cold, it's cold, please don't leave me here
    The answer's on my tongue, I can just feel it's here
    The scrapes, they have the answers that I crave
    I just found it, I found it here
    6 million 5 hundred 30 million 1 hundred
    24 thousand 7 hundred 10
    Those years have passed, we are near the end
    The first train will arrive there when it's 5 AM
    Without me, still the world is here to stay
    Surely, surely, this is the case:
    The answer is I need to go away

Neko, I honestly understand. You have a vision for these characters and this retcon would, well... It wouldn't make it an enviroment that you feel your characters could grow in. I wish your characters had reached the end of their time, like ours had... And I know that they haven't. I see the potential you see in Alice and Neko, and I... I wish we hadn't come this far only to destroy it all.

I'm sorry for this, because I feel like part of it is my fault. I'm not sure how far this will all go, but I hope it deosn't go as far as you fear it will...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon 20 May 2024, 08:25